How To Go JB Sentral From Singapore
JB Sentral is a Malaysian inter-city railway station located at Bukit Chagar between Jalan Tun Abdul Razak and Jalan Jim Quee in the heart of Johor Bahru, And also JB Sentral is a bus terminal in Johor Bahru. Before You go Johor Bahru From Singapore Via Woodland Causeway, You will Pass by The JB Sentral.
Now I list out 5 Travel Guide How to Go JB Sentral From Singapore
- Public Bus From Singapore
- Train From Singapore
- Private Transport From Singapore
- Taxi From Singapore
- Self Driving
Option 1 Public Bus From Singapore To Jb Sentral
Most people Will Choose This Way to travel From Singapore to JB Sentral. I will List Singapore location which is can take Bus to JB Sentral. This Option is the Cheapest Way to Reach JB Sentral.
Take Note : JB Sentral Is Just Nearby Woodland Causeway. So don’t cross over By Second Link ( Tuas Checkpoint)
Got 8 Place Of Singapore You can Take Bus To Jb sentral via Woodland Causeway
1) Kranji Mrt Station
In Kranji Mrt Station,On weekends or Peak Hour, expect huge crowd so leave your house early or Avoid Peak Hour SO in here you can take this 3 bus.
- SBS Bus 170 blue plate (Fare: S$ 1.39 by EZ-Link card; or S$ 2.00 by cash)
- SBS Bus 170x (Fare: S$ 1.39 by EZ-Link card; or S$ 2.00 by cash)
- Causeway Link Bus CW1 (Fare: S$ 1.50 by cash only).
2) Woodland Bus Interchange Bus
In Woodland Bus Interchange. Only one Bus available to Cross over Causeway to Reach JB Sentral.
- SMRT Bus 950 (Fare: S$ 1.43 by EZ-Link card; or S$ 2.20 by cash)
Note: When you’re in a rush but unable to board bus 950 due to long queue. You Just Take Mrt To Kranji. There Are A lot Of Bus To Go Malaysia.
3) Queen Street Terminal
Queen Street Terminal is about 10 mins walk from Bugis MRT stations. Here Got 3 Bus Company Operate to go Malaysia Jb Sentral. From Bugis MRT, take exit A or B, walk along Victoria Street until you meet Arab Street, and turn left.
- Causeway Link Bus CW2 (Fare: S$ 3.00 by ManjaLink, S$ 3.30 by Ez-Link, S$ 3.50 by cash)
- Singapore-Johore Express Bus / SJE (Fare: S$ 3.30 by cash)
- SBS Bus 170 red plate (Fare: S$ 1.97 by EZ-Link card; S$ 2.50 by cash)
Take Note: Don’t Take 170 red Plate. If you want travel with smooth and fast. because 170 Red Platewill stops at too many locations Before You Reach Sg Custom. So you are wasting a lot of time on the Journey.
4) Newton Food Centre
In Newton Food Centre. Only one Bus available to Cross over Causeway to Reach JB Sentral. From Newton MRT, take exit B and walk through the open-air car park, then you will find CW5 bus stop.
- Causeway Link bus CW5 (Fare: S$ 3.30 by cash)
5) Yishun Bus Interchange
In Yishun Bus Interchange. Only one Bus available to Cross over Causeway to Reach JB Sentral.
- AC 7（Fare: S$ 2.20 by EZ-Link Card; S$ 2.50 by cash）
Take Note : Passing through many stops in between. Not advise To Take. You May Travel Few More Mrt Stop. To Kranji Or Woodland Is Much Better
6）Jurong East MRT Station
In Jurong East Mrt Station Here. Got 4 Bus Can go Malaysia. But only 1 Bus Will go JB Sentral Via Woodland Causeway. The less Will Travel to Tuas Second Link.
- SBS bus 160 (Fare: S$ 1.84 by EZ-Link Card; S$ 2.50 by cash)
Take Note : CW3 , CW4 , CW4S Was Travel To Tuas. So Don’t Wrongly Take Bus. And Not Suggest take 160 From Jurong. Because it was Cause you wasting a lot of time. It Will Be Many Stop before You Reach Woodland Causeway. You Just take Few More Mrt Station to Reach Kranji. It was better way to travel to JB Sentral.
7) Changi Airport ( T2 & T4)
In changi airport Only One Bus Company. Transtar Bus TS1 from Terminal 2 and Terminal 4. Fare: S$ 9.00 by EZ-Link; S$ 10.00 by cash.
Take Note : If you fly with Scoot airline and same date , you can board bus TS1 for free. Just download the registration form, print it out, fill it in and pass to Bus Captain.
8) Resort World Sentosa
At Resort World Sentosa you can take Transtar Bus TS8 from Basement Coach Bay. Fare: S$ 6.00 by EZ-Link; S$ 7.00 by cash. Alternatively, you could consider another bus provider from 707 travel group. But Not advise. Because less bus are Travel.
About Taking Public Bus some tips you should know
- If you take a bus, you will need to get off with all your belongings on Singapore checkpoint for immigration clearance and then take another bus for crossing the bridge after that same procedure again at Malaysia Custom.
- Need not to board the same bus but of the same services.
- Daily evenings are peak hours especially Friday. Clearing immigration may takes hours to complete.
- A trip from Singapore to JB Sentral might take from 40 minutes to 2 hours – it depends on traffic conditions.
Option 2 Train From Singapore To JB Sentral
So if you now want to travel by train from Singapore to Malaysia, you will have to catch one of the the new shuttle trains (Shuttle Tebrau) From Singapore to JB Sentral.
At first. You Have Travel to Woodland Causeway custom , Woodlands Train Checkpoint will be there.
Buy a Ticket at counter. Tickets are sold out quickly during weekends. If you can purchase online. This is the website www.ktmb.com.my.
From Woodlands CIQ to JB Sentral Timetable :
Departure Time : 7:20am, 8:30am, 9:40am, 10:50am, 12:20pm, 1:50pm, 3:20pm, 4:30pm, 5:40pm, 6:50pm, 8:00pm, 9:10pm, 10:20pm and 11:30pm
From Jb Sentral to Woodlands CIQ Timetable :
Departure Time : 5:00am, 5:25am, 5:55am, 6:20am, 7:30am, 8:40am, 9:50am, 11:20am, 12:50pm, 2:20pm, 3:30pm, 4:40pm, 5:50pm, 7:00pm, 8:10pm, 9:20pm and 10:30pm
Ticket Fare Buy from Woodlands CIQ: SGD$5 per way.
Ticket Fare Buy From Jb Sentral : Rm5 per Way.
Option 3 Private Transport From Singapore
Nowaday Hire a Private (Taxi/Limousine) Transport Services is the most convenient way to go to JB Sentral. You No need to travel to Kranji, Woodland , Queen Street or other place. You just stay at the home wait the Driver pick up . Everything about journey needed are well taken care by the private Transport company MPVTRANSPORT.
Benefit Of Using Private Limousine Transport Services
- No Need Disembark with luggage at each customs during custom clearance ( No need to queue up at customs to get your passport stamped)
- Direct pick up from any location in Singapore and drop-off at any location in Johor
- Non-sharing ride. ( Travel In Private)
- Not impose any cancellation fee but would appreciate if you could inform at least 1 – 2 days before your travelling date for any Cancellations and Changing Travel Detail.
- Rates are charged per vehicle. So, you pay lesser if travelling with more people. If travel with more than 4 people, the price is cheaper than taking public transport.
- Comfortable and spacious fleets ,Well-maintained, safety is ensured. Large luggage capacity, Ample legroom.
MPV Type and Price Range
You May Check The MPV Type Here
How to book Private Transport Services? You May Visit Here
Option 4 Taxi From Singapore
In Singapore, Only one kind of taxi Can Cross over Causeway to Malaysia. Only specially licensed taxis (Malaysia Yellow Taxi). But unfortunately this taxi would not stop at JB Sentral. It will only Go To Kotaraya. So From Kota Raya. You Still need to Take other transport to reach Jb sentral.
Anyway You Can Go Ban San St first. Which Is beside Queen Street Bus Terminal. From Bugis MRT, take exit A or B, walk along Victoria Street until you meet Arab Street, and turn left.
Price for Taxi services From Singapore to Kota Raya Taxi Terminal: SGD$12 per person( Share Car) . If you don’t want to share with other. You just need to pay SGD48.
Option 5 Self Driving
A trip from Singapore to JB Sentral via woodland causeway by car takes around 15-30 minutes off peak. But in peak time you might spend 1-2 hours stuck in heavy traffic jam.
Benefit of Self-Driving From Singapore To Johor Bahru. You May leave your home anytime. But before Travel Please Check The Custom Road Condition. Try To Avoid Traffic Jam.
Take Note : If you are departing from Singapore to Johor Bahru , the vehicle’s motor fuel supply tank must be at least three-quarter tank full. Otherwise fined up to S$500
Good News For Those travel from Singapore to JB frequently
If you’re Singaporean or Singapore long-pass holder, you can apply for MACS (Malaysia Automated Clearance System) pass (valid for one year).With this pass your passport won’t be stamped on immigration clearance when you go Malaysia.
Applications for MACS under this category can be submitted to MACS branch office in Singapore.
MEVAS ONE STOP CENTRE
No 1, Tanglin Road
#03-10/11/12 Orchard Parade Hotel
Tel : +65 6733 4207
You Also can apply for the pass in MACS offices at Causeway or Second link checkpoint . Just bring your passport, or your Singapore pass and RM30.
For More Information About MACS you may visit here
Hope This Post Will Help You To Travel In Johor Bahru. Enjoy Your Trip